We carefully craft every batch of our oven-baked and canned pâté recipes with a nutritionally balanced blend of natural, high-quality, whole ingredients. Ask anyone who works with us and they’ll tell you, we’re sticklers about our cat foods. After all, we make Lotus for one lofty reason: to keep those beautiful and amazing felines, well… beautiful and amazing for a long, long time. Here’s just some of what makes Lotus so great:
- Our baked cat foods retain more nutrients than extruded foods, which lose an average of 40% of their vitamins and 20% of their protein (as measured by the amount of free available lysine).
- Our quality-control standards are beyond meticulous.
- Lotus cat food has loads of proteins and taurine-rich ocean fish, salmon, clams and poultry (no added taurine in either our canned or oven-baked recipes).
- Fresh and frozen (never dehydrated) fruits and vegetables provide a wide variety of antioxidants.
- Our New Zealand green mussels are a natural source of chondroitin and glucosamine.
- Our unique Lotus oil blend of organic soybean, salmon and olive oils are bursting with omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.
- All Lotus vitamins except one (Biotin, which comes from India) are sourced from Europe.
Yes, we work tirelessly to make our cat foods with integrity, and with what we think are the most wholesome, balanced, healthy foods for cats in the universe. But, really, it’s fine with us that all your cat will be thinking is, “yummers.”